EVERY WORD OF GOD FOR DAILY LIVING
BY PASTOR PAUL RIKA
(Int'l Director Holiness Revival Movement Worldwide)
THURSDAY JANUARY 9, 2020
Key verse: James 4:6
But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.
While it is not good to be comparing yourself with others or to try to live like other people, it will be wrong to think that you can excel in life without learning from others. It is pride to look down on the achievements of others or to see yourself better or special than everyone else.
Whoever operates like that will fail. That is why you will not want to follow even your leaders. By that, you lose the power of example, because your leader is doing what he is doing by inspiration. You say, “No, I can't follow that pattern; I want to be different.”
When God has given instruction on how to do it, you are saying you want to be different. You will suffer for it! You will lose the presence of God because you are stubborn. Pride is your problem. You don't want to join the parade? How can you be part of the soldiers because all soldiers will have to fall in line when on parade?
If the workmen did not follow the pattern God showed Moses, how could they have done all the constructions to God's satisfaction? You are always murmuring to yourself, “I know! I know!! I know!!!” You want to have your own version of everything.
Will you not be kicked out of that place soon? Join the line, follow the people, have all men say the same thing, teach the same thing, and stop this I know, I know business. It is such attitude that causes division in the Church. Why must you always be different? What is different or special about you? Why are you full of peculiarity? Why can't you learn humility from Christ Jesus? See what scripture testifies of Him.
Philippians 2:2-8 Fulfill ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind.
3. Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves.
4. Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others.
5. Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
6. Who,being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
7. But made Himself of no reputation, and took upon Him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
8. And being found in fashion as a man, He humbled Himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.
Thought for the day:
Serve in humility and with a gentle spirit for this is pleasing to the Lord.
Song for the day:
Be like Jesus everyday in your life, be like Jesus every………
Bible reading for the day:
Genesis 23-24; Matthew 8.
PASTOR PAUL RIKA