EVERY WORD OF GOD FOR
by: pastor paul rika, international director of HOREMOW
EVERY WORD OF GOD FOR DAILY LIVING
BY: PASTOR PAUL RIKA, INTERNATIONAL DIRECTOR
Holiness Revival Movement Worldwide (HOREMOW)
SATURDAY, DECEMBER 24, 2022
TEXT: 1 CORINTHIANS 7:10-17
(10) And unto the married I command, yet not I, but the Lord, Let not the wife depart from her husband:
(11) But and if she depart, let her remain unmarried or be reconciled to her husband: and let not the husband put away his wife.
(12) But to the rest speak I, not the Lord: If any brother hath a wife that believeth not, and she be pleased to dwell with him, let him not put her away.
(13) And the woman which hath an husband that believeth not, and if he be pleased to dwell with her, let her not leave him.
(14) For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband: else were your children unclean; but now are they holy.
(15) But if the unbelieving depart, let him depart. A brother or a sister is not under bondage in such cases: but God hath called us to peace.
(16) For what knowest thou, O wife, whether thou shalt save thy husband? or how knowest thou, O man, whether thou shalt save thy wife?
(17) But as God hath distributed to every man, as the Lord hath called every one, so let him walk. And so ordain I in all churches.
KEY VERSE: 1 CORINTHIANS 7:11
But and if she depart, let her remain unmarried or be reconciled to her husband: and let not the husband put away his wife.
Paul says in today’s text, “Let not the wife depart from the husband.” However a clause is attached because sometimes the situation is unbearable. The man practically wants to slay her! Evidences abound and others can bear witness to this. In that case, the woman can separate from him but must remain unmarried. She will keep praying till the situation improves for her return. There are two possibilities for her; to remain unmarried as long as the man lives or return to her matrimonial home. Even under this circumstance, divorce is not an option for God has said that He hates putting away. One party may take a legal action for court divorce. He may have his way but the second party is guiltless.
Paul also gave his personal counsel. He said, if you are born again but your husband is not; yet he allows you to serve your Jesus and still cherishes you as his wife; stay with him. Don’t say, no! You must accept Jesus or else I will go away. Don't do that! Stay with him. Who knows, woman, you might be able to convert that man. Besides, your presence with him in the house brings the presence of God to the house. By that he is sanctified by your presence. So don’t leave him. Similarly, if you as a man, became born again and a practical holy Christian and your wife is greatly offended at that; if she insists on her old ways to maintain her ungodly lifestyles and adornment, don’t say, “not in my house, you will leave this house. This marriage will end.” Brother, do not allow that marriage to end. The woman is still willing to serve you as a wife. If she is still cooking for you and releasing her body to you, what then is the trouble? Keep her! Let her stay. Who knows by you, she can come to salvation tomorrow? Also, by your authority over your children you will lead and train them in the way of the Lord. If you ask her to go, she may go with the children and you will lose them completely but if she wants to leave despite all meaningful admonition, let her leave but do not remarry.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: If your spouse departs, think reconciliation, not remarriage.
SONG FOR THE DAY: I am married to Jesus satan leave me alone
BIBLE READING FOR THE DAY: Zephaniah; Revelation 15
PASTOR PAUL RIKA